We are seeking a Senior Design Engineer with a solid background in mmWave / µWave / RF antennas and passive/activecircuit design, with a track record of carrying designs into production. Good understanding of antenna design fundamentals, optimization of performance and methods of verification. Strong background in 3D simulation of SIW, microstrip transitions, and planar antenna structures.
Experienced problem solver who is comfortable in the lab with state-of-the-art RF test equipment. This position requires an individual with excellent technical, communication, relationship-building skills, including, both oral and written. Leadership and training skills enabling the candidate to pass structure, knowledge and technique to junior engineers.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Design, simulate and test mm wave phased array antennas, and other antennas using simulators. Firm grasp of design techniques of reflectors and lenses.
- Assist junior engineers and designers in their tasks in the design process.
- Create test plans and drive Design Verification Testing Requirements.
- Interface with customers, sales, and marketing personnel to discuss new requirements and answer questions about products.
- Assist in the preparation of conceptual description, final performance goals, cost and time estimates of the design process for management review. Build and test prototypes and carry through to production units.
- Lead review meetings to discuss and evaluate progress in the design.
- May be called upon to present papers and write articles about newly developed products.
- Work in an ISO driven design/production environment
- Compile specifications, test and progress reports, and other exhibits that may be required.
- Identify emerging solutions. This is not research; it is engineering that can be integrated into project designs early in the design cycle to enhance performance.
- Interpret customer specifications and perform the necessary preliminary designs to attain customer approved compliance.
$90,000 – $110,ooo/year
- Has authority to generate and approve test procedures for products designed.
- Has authority to generate schematics and drawings of items designed.
- Has authority to update production documents with changes that have been made to designs (ECNs).
- Has authority to direct the activities of more junior engineers.
Education preferred qualification education/work experience:
- Master of science in electrical engineering or physics.
- 5 or more years in RF design engineering.
- 3D Electromagnetic simulation, linear and non-linear RF circuit analyzer, RF measurements, RF propagation
- RF antenna measurements including antenna beam patter, EIRP and gain.
- Design of RF/microwave passive circuits
- Design of phased array antennas
- Solid 2.5D or 3D simulation background for antenna arrays, parabolic antennas, horn antennas, log-periodic antennas, SIW, microstrip to waveguide transitions, and couplers.
Benefits (only full-time employees eligible):
- 50% employer paid healthcare plan
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous vacation and sick time benefits
This job is:
- Open to applicants who are legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Full background checks will be performed on each serious candidate for the position.
Schedule(not eligible for remote work):
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
You can apply online now or please contact Human Resources at:
518-762-2600 ext. 0 or E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
231 Enterprise Road, Johnstown, New York 12095 * www.electro-metrics.com