- Input attenuator, 0 – 100 dB in 10 dB steps
- Input balun transformer, 20 Hz – 6 MHz
- Input transfer switch, to facilitate substitution special filters: High pass at 5 kHz and 10 kHz; Low pass at 30 MHz
- Frequency coverage of 100 Hz – 1 GHz with system impedance of 50 ohms
- Provides up to 80 dB gain and all combinations of pre-gain, post-gain and inter-gain filtering
- Independently adjustable lower and upper passband edges providing bandwidths from 45 Hz to 995 MHz
- Used with standard test accessories, antennas, probes, PLISN’s and oscilloscopes
- Detection system certification data supplied with each instrument
The EM-2150A is compatible with any of the usual test accessories, including antennas, probes, PLISN’s and oscilloscopes. Several antennas typical of those that may be used are:
- EM-6870 Loop Antenna
- EM-6879 Loop Antenna
- EM-6892 Remote Active Vertical Antenna
- EM-6912A Biconical Antenna
- EM-6950 Log Periodic Antenna
The lower and upper passband edges are independently adjustable. From 100 Hz to 100 kHz, the passband is realized by a dual electronic filter. Each half of the dual filter represents one independent four-pole filter (roll-off into the stopband of 24 dB per octave) with its cut off frequency set by three-decade switches providing a precision of three significant figures. The configuration of the dual filter can be selected from the front panel to high-pass, low-pass, band-pass, or band-stop.
Above 100 kHz, the passband edges are selectable in steps in 1-2-5-10 sequences up to 500 MHz for the lower passband edge and to 1 GHz for the upper passbnad edge. The filters used in this range have a rate of roll-off into the stopbands of more than 38 dB per octave.